Thursday, 19 May 2011

Destroying the Marmot Rig


Just a couple of bits on the Marmot geometry that do not look right...


None of the controllers work on his tail, and also I think the right arm controls need looking at, they do not move the same way as the left I think this may be due to how it was mirrored or something.


There are also problems with the legs, we can barely move them without it doing something like this, plus the extra attributes like Toe etc do not seem to work properly and deform the geometry really badly

There are a couple of problems with the arms...

When I select the outer control and rotate it the mesh on the body also deforms badly:

And when I tried the inside one and rotated it, the wrist goes like this:

I have spent a lot of this term breaking the Mongolian and Marmot rigs in order to test their capabilities for the film and whether we can do what we want with them. The easiest way to do this was to create a walk or run cycle as this pushes the poses of the characters - especially in a run - and is also the main necessity for our chase film.

I have found this somewhat frustrating at times as I really want to animate properly and I continually keep waiting for my findings to be fixed. I would make the changes myself but I do not want to interfere with the rigs, as Tara has painted the weights on the characters and I do not know enough about rigging to go changing everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment