Saturday 13 November 2010

Existing Animation Reference

I don't know if we have all seen this film but I think the opening to it is awesome! The background and colours especially create the moods straight away without being detailed. I don't know if this is the kind of look we want or a softer one, but it does look cool anyway.



This video shows an animal that normally walks on four legs animated in two, I think we should definitely go with this for the Marmot :)





I watched this for the first time yesterday and think Toothless would be great research for the modelling of the Marmot with his really large eyes as they as so well animated! Also the way he sits down could be used as reference for Marmot movement. He is really cute but has this dark side and I think the Marmot should be that way too :)



It won't let me embed the video, but I think the camera work is awesome in this sequence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTXlWYdodnc&feature=related

he is merely walking to the side but the camera cuts are sharp and zoom into the key features. We could try something like that when we have a long side shot of the two running, if they jump over something or if the Marmot looks behind him to make it more dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment